This magnificient house dates to 1888 (when it was first known as "Kirkham") and was built for the Hon. James White (who incidentally was the grand-uncle of the writer Patrick White). The architect was John Horbury Hunt, who migrated to Australia from U.S.A. in 1863. White apparently built the house on the back of winnings from a horse he owned called Chester (19 wins from 29 starts including the 1877 Melb Cup).
The house was renamed "Camelot" by Frances Faithful-Anderson after she purchased the property in 1900. This family remained in ownership of the estate until 1979 since which it has had a number of owners.
These 2 pictures date to around 1900 to 1910:
Some more recent photographs: