Melbourne & Australian Architecture Topics

A place to talk about Australian Architecture, Heritage & Planning Issues
It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 22:00

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 17:42 

new about Honeywell site redevelopment

Wurundjeri Tribe Land Council cultural heritage manager Darren Griffin said the site had special significance. “They’re very concerned that (Wurundjeri) culture is managed effectively and those stories are told - how they lived and the importance of the area,” Mr Griffin said.

I have walked over this site many times and the appears to be no cave paintings, no stone tools, no middens, no remnant vegetation and the much of it is covered in concrete and what isn't has been irreversibly altered.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm smells very funny to me

http://progress-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/honeywell-objectors-land-stall/

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2010, 18:59 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Corio wrote:
I'll leave it to one of our better sleuths who might want to see if they can find out anything about Mr Kennon's residence, Kenloch, in Olinda.

According to the bottom of this photo, 'Kenloch' was running as a reception centre though
the latest links to the house i can find are listed on the City Search and My Restaurant search engines.
and a link to kenloch.com.au which is no longer a functioning website.

I would assume its now privately owned..

Attachments:
File comment: 'Kenloch'
rg001186.jpg
rg001186.jpg [ 31.97 KiB | Viewed 4840 times ]

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2010, 23:44 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Matt. wrote:
Corio wrote:
I'll leave it to one of our better sleuths who might want to see if they can find out anything about Mr Kennon's residence, Kenloch, in Olinda.

According to the bottom of this photo, 'Kenloch' was running as a reception centre though
the latest links to the house i can find are listed on the City Search and My Restaurant search engines.
and a link to kenloch.com.au which is no longer a functioning website.

Well done again Matt! What an interesting-looking place Kenloch is - very clearly Edwardian, but with that amazing tower.

With the benefit of your research, I've now discovered the following:
# Kenloch Guided Garden Tours
# Sat 2nd October. 3 tours available: 10am, 12 noon & 3pm
# Kenloch Manor, 487 Mt Dandenong Tourist Rd, Olinda. Melways 66 J9
# Tim Orpin, owner, botanist and collector of rare plants, hosts walking tours of the historic Kenloch Gardens. Sweeping lawns shaded by mature trees, soaring Himalayan rhododendrons, beds of rare woodland treasures and a lush fern gully are just a few of the many elements that combine to create one of the finest private gardens in the country.
# Tickets $30 includes Devonshire Tea. Call 9751 1009 to book.

http://www.villagesofmtdandenong.com.au/calendar_of_events

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2010, 18:26 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Thanks for that addition info, Corio.
Good to see its still opened to the public in some way or another,
might have to check it out if I'm ever up that way.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010, 18:39 

The development will include

* 3 high-rise towers up to 11 stories
* 586 apartments
* 3 restaurants, cafes, roof top tavern and bowling green open to 11pm weeknights and 1am weekends
* Building a 4-storey podium across Crown land and the public bike path to create a pontoon,
* Marina and boat hire on the river
lol The river side residents of kew were never going to vote for the labor party lol

Post subject: Re: Honeywell victory
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2010, 00:04 

“The Victorian civil and administrative Tribunal last month approved the development on the Honeywell site in Abbotsford, opposite kews Young Street including 586 apartments in three towers of up to 11 stories and a pontoon. Vcats Geoffrey code rejected the arguments of opponents including Boroondara council. The Yarra River action Alliance, protectors of public lands and individual objector Christiana Colquhoun that the development was excessively high and bulky.
While here he aknowledged exceeded Yarra councils hight limit the area. Mr Cote found the development was in the major activity Centre targeted for development and was consistent with State government and council policies for urban consolidation Mr Cote said the council’s policies on high limits was unclear and warrants reconsideration.

mayor Jack Wegg than said it was another atrocious decision and another kick in the teeth. JVs joint managing director Paul Hameister welcomed the decision and said that construction would begin in mid-2011. We will be giving back about a third of the site to the public and the public access to deliver Mr Hameister said progress leader “Tuesday November the ninth 2010

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next